Annual grants for undergraduate (freshmen ineligible) students of Italian heritage studying at a recognized post-secondary institution. Students must be citizens of the United States. The scholarship covers a year of study at the American University of Rome. The number of prizes and the sum of each award is subject to change. The application packet must include an essay, as well as a $25 and $30 nonrefundable processing fee.
Sons of Italy Foundation Scholarships
Son of Italy Foundation honours the Italo-Americans by establishing and awarding scholarships with their names at a gala event held in Washington, D.C.
The 31st annual NELA Gala will be held on May 23, 2021. Scholarship recipients 2021 will be invited to attend the 31st annual NELA Gala, where they will be recognized by the SIF and the prestigious guests of the Gala.
The annual NELA has been attended by US Presidents, Congressional representatives, foreign dignitaries, corporate and non-profit executives, celebrities, and leaders from the Italian-American community who support the SIF’s efforts to promote educational excellence and preserve Italian culture, and has become a tradition in the nation’s capital.
The Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America (OSDIA) has awarded almost $61 million in scholarships to date through the Sons of Italy Foundation (SIF) and hundreds of thousands of family members in all fifty states and the District of Columbia. In previous years, the SIF has held a nationwide competition to award 10 to 12 merit-based scholarships (National Leadership Grants) ranging from $4,000 to $25,000 each. These figures, as well as the amount of scholarships available, may change year to year depending on financing. This award is available to U.S. citizens of Italian heritage who are enrolled in a law school program at an authorized academic institution as a rising first, second, or third-year law students for the Fall semester.
RECOMMEND FOR YOU: Omega Psi Phi Scholarships For High School
Level/Field of Study
Italy’s Sons Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate studies in any of the institution’s courses.
The Sons of Italy Scholarships will be held in the United States of America. If you’re an international student looking for a scholarship to study in the United States of America, you’ve come to the right place.
American citizens of Italian origin (at least one of their Italian or Italian-American grandparents) enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at an authorized four-year academic institution for the fall semester of 2022 are eligible for the Sons of Italy Foundation Scholarships.
Scholarships from the Sons of Italy Foundation vary from $4,000 to $25,000 in value.
The National Leadership Grant Scholarships are awarded by the Sons of Italy Foundation to outstanding men and women of Italian origin. These merit-based rewards vary from $4,000 to $25,000 for a one-year period. Scholarship requirements can be found on the webpage.
In order to be considered for a scholarship, the candidate must meet the following criteria.
- A member of the Sons of Italy, or a parent or grandparent who is a member, is required.
- A senior in high school or a student enrolled in a college or university for at least one full year
- Have Italian ancestors or are pursuing a degree focusing on Italian culture, language, and/or history
A New Jersey resident.
RECCOMMEND FOR YOU:GEN AND KELLY TANABE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2022
How to Apply for Sons of Italy Scholarships 2021
- Official Transcripts: From December to December, submit one official transcript from each academic institution (undergraduate, graduate, and law school) that you attended.
- Test Scores: Please submit official copies of all standardized test results (ACT, SAT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, and others) taken in the last 5 years. Score reports are accepted as well.
- Extracurricular activities, employment experience, volunteer activity, and accolades should all be listed on your resume.
- 2 letters of recommendation from instructors, professors, or educational authorities must be submitted.
- Essay: Write a 500-750 word original essay about a personal incident that highlighted or increased your pride in your Italian background