Corporate Waste Student- 4 Months- Summer 2023- Canadian Tire Corporation
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Job Title: Corporate Waste Student- 4 Months- Summer 2023- Canadian Tire Corporation
Location: Remote/ 2180 Yonge St., Toronto, ON
Work Term/Duration: Summer 2023, 4 months
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With world-class Owned Brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to be there for Canadians from coast-to-coast. We are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire and its group of companies.
At Canadian Tire we work flexibly embracing ‘Hybrid’ whereby individuals utilize a combination of working at a CTC campus and or virtually in service of outcomes. Determined by managers, decisions around work location will be made based on business and team needs and grounded in a desire to support individual well-being and personal needs. Our goal is to empower teams and individuals to make the right decisions for them, and we expect that to look different for everyone.
Our Commitment to students:
- Work in an environment that supports, and fosters knowledge sharing and provides key experiences to increase capabilities through projects or objectives.
- There will be specific and measurable objectives/goals that will support learning & achieving relevant business deliverables.
- Continue to support Canadian Tire’s culture of learning from others, continuous improvement, agility, growth and innovation.
- Investment in the community to create a talented diverse workforce for Canada and Canadian Tire’s future.
- Building & strengthening student social engagement throughout their education and pursuit of their career through ongoing communication and relationship building.
Execute on our waste diversion strategy for our Canadian Tire corporate stores, inline with our objective of diverting 90% of our waste away from landfill. Assist in building industry leading consumer take back and circular economy programs.
What you’ll do:
- Deep dive on current services, available services at each location. Using comparative analysis, model possible service set ups by location.
- Analyze store audits, results from bin camera pilot and video captures from WM.
- Financial modeling of costs for optimum levels of services which leads to our desired diversion rates (including all service fees associated with adding/switching services, new waste receptacles etc)
- Overlay service and financial modelling with physical footprints of stores
- Help to implement, monitor, analyze and summarize our waste diversion pilot programs throughout the fall
- Collaborate with the Corporate Waste analyst and our national waste service provider as needed
- Create and present presentations as required
- Develop SOP documents as required
Who you are:
- Exceptional communication skills with the confidence and passion to share knowledge
- Creative thinker who is observant to seek new opportunities and perceptive to abstract ideas
- Goal driven individual to seek out continuous improvement opportunities
- The ability to take a collaborate approach to build strong relationships and have positive team experiences
- Flexible and dynamic individual who is able to adjust and prioritize accordingly to adapt to business demands and requirements
- Solid foundation of relevant technical skills
- Demonstrates behaviours of transparency, accountability agility and learning from others that will support your success
What you’ve done:
- You have an undergraduate degree
- Experience using analytics to turn data into recommendations and actionable insights
- Demonstrated influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Forecasting or Data Modeling an asset
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-emloyment conditions:
- Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.