General Laborer (Dufferin Aggregates)
It is a great time to join the Dufferin Aggregates team! Dufferin Aggregates is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Dufferin Aggregates, a divison of CRH Canada is looking to hire!
Who we are
Recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top 100 Employers, Dufferin Aggregates is a leading supplier of aggregates for the construction industry in Ontario. We operate more than 20 sites, including quarries, sand pits and distribution yards to supply crushed stone, sand and gravel, recycled crushed concrete as well as recycled crushed asphalt, for the commercial, industrial, residential and civil engineering sector.
We are a member of CRH plc, a global building materials company with a proud and successful history, a strong track record of performance and a clear commitment to safety and ethical business practices. The company employs over 90,000 people in 37 countries around the world.
Position: General Laborer
Term: Full Time
Location: Cambridge (Millcreek) RR # 22 Concession #2 L3C 2V4
Start Date: March 6th, 2023
• Work in a team environment with other co-workers, supervisors and managers.
• Complete cleanup assignments using shovels and/or small, heavy equipment.
• Assist in maintenance inspections and activities using appropriate procedures.
• Operate crushing and screening plant as trained and directed.
• Report any malfunctions or safety risks to supervisor immediately.
• Specific job duties will often vary from day to day depending on business needs.
• Experience in construction, mining or operating heavy machinery is preferred but not required.
• Minimum Ontario high school diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
• Reliability – Showing up to work on time.
• Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and weekends when required.
• Physical ability to walk around the plant.
• Basic maintenance/mechanical aptitude, welding and fitting is preferred but not required.
• Dependability – follow instructions and respond to direction. Good communication skills are required.
• Working outdoors/indoors under varied temperatures and weather conditions.
Health and Safety:
• Comply with OHSA and all of its applicable regulations.
• Strict compliance with Dufferin Aggregates safety rules, PPE, policies and procedures.
• Be aware of environmentally sensitive areas and be alert to correct environmental problems that may develop in the assigned work area.
What Dufferin Aggregates Offers You:
• Pension and benefits included after probationary period.
• Shift premium(s).
• Bonus pay based on safety and performance.
• Highly competitive starting wage with multi-tier wage structure.
• Overtime opportunities are available.
• Company provided PPE including and yearly safety boot allowance
• Company paid training.
• Company sponsored social events and recognition program.
• Employee Family Assistance Program.
• Employee Referral Program.
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion!