Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-24 is an outstanding opportunity for those students who have excellent intellectual abilities and are eager to improve the lives of others as well. Gates Scholarship is one of the leading universities in the world that aims at creating an interactive community of future world leaders who can bring a better and more optimistic change in the world. The Gate scholars at Cambridge University on a diverse range of topics like innovations, challenges, and solutions. Thus through the Gates Cambridge Trust scholarship in the UK, the students also contribute to the university’s own mission which is to contribute to the welfare of society.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship for international students is an initiative of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The fully-funded scholarship has started back in 2000 and since then it has produced highly influential people throughout the globe. The Gates postgraduates have marked their names in almost every field of life. They have excelled in science, technology, arts, music, human rights, etc. This is because of the fact that postgraduate scholars are provided with exceptional academic resources and opportunities under this Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship at Cambridge University.
The best international scholarship at Cambridge University offers 80 scholarships to international postgraduate students to pursue their master’s or PhD in the UK. Among these Gates scholars, almost one-third are PhD students. Moreover, this fully-funded award at the UK’s best institute is a juncture of adroit and dexterous students who collectively make a community of Gates scholars. This community network remains long-term when it comes to personal and professional relations. The huge alumni network, thus, has spread in the whole world and is serving as the voice of Cambridge in helping the communities through collaboration and innovation.
The Gates Scholarship is the largest donation to any single UK university. As Gates Foundation is always persistent in fighting poverty, disease, and inequality around the world, it has donated US $120m for this full-cost scholarship. This is proof of the organization’s seriousness about promoting equality. The fully-funded international scholarship in the UK for international students is a platform for extraordinary and skillful students from where they can stop into the world’s most prestigious university without worrying about their financial conditions. In order to apply correctly for this Cambridge scholarship read the following instructions carefully.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-24 in the UK:
- One year postgraduate course
Number of Scholarships:
- 80 full-cost scholarships
Benefits of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-24:
- The total study cost will be covered by this scholarship.
- An annual maintenance allowance of £18,744 at the 2022-23 rate will be provided.
- The visa cost will be covered.
- An economy class one-time airfare will be provided.
- The cost of immigration Health Surcharge will be covered.
- Additional academic development funds up to £500-£2000 will be given to attend conferences and other courses. However, the amount depends on the course length.
- The scholarship covers a family allowance of up to £10,944 for one child and up to £15,612 for two or more children.
- The scholarship also covers hardship costs or the cost of any unforeseen difficulty.
- Fieldwork Allowance
Eligibility Criteria of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2023-24:
- All international graduates except UK nationals can apply.
- The applicants must have an excellent academic background.
- The applicant must have contacted the supervisor and be accepted by the supervisor to continue his/her research.
- The applicant must be able to defend his/her choice of course.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2023-24?
- The applicant has to apply online via University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- The applicant first has to choose a specific course and college place.
- Provide all the relevant details about personal data, academic background, and plan for your course and apply for the course and college.
- Apply for funding from the funding section. You can apply for multiple funding offered by the university and other organizations including the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- You can apply for as many courses as you want but you have to apply separately for each course.
- If the course is already full, the application status will be closed even before the deadline, So apply as early as you can.
Required Documents for Gates Cambridge University Scholarship 2023-24:
- Personal statement of no more than 3000 characters.
- The PhD candidates have to submit a research proposal. Even if the application for a course or college does not require a research proposal, the Gates scholarship has this requirement as a mandatory one.
- Three reference letters (One can be from a current employee if needed.
Gates Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The deadline for International students is either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023, dependent on the course
- The deadline for US citizens is 12 October 2022.