The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2023 is the best scholarship for International students in Ireland and is available for all disciplines. The program’s participants are distinguished for displaying world-class potential as future research leaders. The Ireland scholarship 2023 provides equal opportunity to people of all nationalities. The Irish Research Council works with businesses, civil society organizations, and the government to maximize the value of researchers’ skills, expertise, and talent to give society the highest benefit. The sole purpose of this grant is to cultivate the aptitude of the candidates in order to serve the community in a better way. The courses of these degree programs would be conducted in the English language.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is a renowned national project overseen by the Council and sponsored by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science. The Ireland Government Scholarship 2023 Program is unique in the Irish area of research, and it supports other funding options for postgraduate education in Ireland. Students will be given prestigious awards for outstanding research performances. It funds a varied spectrum of great individual researchers at various career phases, investing in discovery research and ground-breaking concepts that address critical community issues.
Government of Ireland Scholarships in Europe allow students worldwide, looking to pursue their postgraduate programs, to study in Ireland for free. The Postgraduate grant is the best scholarship in Ireland for students pursuing a full-time master’s or Ph.D. who are passionate about research and have excellent academia. The scholarship fund is incredibly competitive, with a success rate of 18% over the last five years. The program focuses on developing the candidates into improved versions of themselves.
World’s leading universities like Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, and Royal Irish Academy in Ireland are involved in the eligibility of this Irish scholarship. This golden opportunity allows candidates of all disciplines to collaborate with people from diverse cultures and exchange ideas to lead a hand towards communities to bring them out from their most recurring problems. A total of 1,193 Postgraduate Scholars were awarded in 2019, with more than 5,000 candidates awarded this scholarship for outstanding research granted till now. Every year, the Council of Ireland invests in 280 new postgraduate scholarships in Ireland.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023:
- One – Four years depending on the type of degree being pursued and the date of first registration (where applicable).
Eligible fields for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Humanities and Arts
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
Check Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in the UK | Fully Funded
Eligible Universities under Government of Ireland Scholarship 2023:
- Atlantic Technological University
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick
Read how to a fully-funded scholarship to study abroad.
Benefits of the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023:
- The student will get a stipend of €18,500 per year.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fee.
- The student will receive research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- Individual, significant rewards will be given to candidates in their own names for outstanding research.
- Global, independent expert peer evaluation as part of an objective selection process
- The candidates will get a chance to study in the world’s leading universities in Ireland.
- The scholarship also non-European union fees for candidates which will be up to €5,750.
Eligibility Criteria of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship:
- The applicants can be of any age in order to apply for the Ireland scholarship.
- Prior to accessing an application form, all applicants must take and pass an eligibility quiz on the online application system.
- All applicants must be linked with an Eligible university listed above.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor`s Degree for pursuing a Master’s and a Master`s Degree for pursuing PhD Applications.
- Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Academic referees and supervisors must provide positive reports of the applicants.
- In order to be considered, applicants must not have failed twice in their previous applications for the same program. This is true whether the applicant’s host institution or research topic has changed since their last submission.
- Students waiting for their Results can also apply. However, they must get provisional certificates from their home institutions.
- The applicants must have first-class or upper-second-class degrees.
- Applicants seeking a research master’s degree or a doctoral degree must not possess or have held an Irish Research Council scholarship in the past.
- All applicants must have a willing supervisor who can’t guide them on their research projects during their studies in Ireland.
- The candidates who have research topics related to; humans, Human modification (except for cancer research), and the production of human embryos.
Check the list of best scholarships in Canada
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023
- Apply online for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Program 2023 using the online application platform. Hard copies or email application forms will not be accepted.
- For supervision of an admission letter, try to contact relevant academics from Ireland’s higher education institutions as listed above (strongly suggested to contact but without this, you can apply as well). Click here to learn how to get an acceptance letter.
- Applications are expected to be entirely the applicant’s own work. i.e. no plagiarism
- Transcripts must be appropriately stamped and signed to confirm that they are official documents of the institution.
- Applications are only accepted in either English or Irish.
- The candidates must make an account in order to access the application.
- Once the applicant has to fill out the application form, supervisor form, and referee form on the given specimen.
Check Chevening Scholarship 2023 in the UK | Fully Funded
Required Documents for the Government of Ireland Scholarships:
- Educational documents
- Study plan/Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Copy of Passport
- Supervision details (if any)
- Recommendation forms
- Language proof (if any)
- Additional documents if any
Government of Ireland Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The last date to apply for scholarship 202 is 20 October 2022.